Organization · Share This · Map It · View Map
Greater Refuge Temple
Sunday Worship Services
Bible Study immediately follows Sunday morning worship and on Tuesday evenings at 8:00 p.m. Brief History of The Greater Refuge Temple The Greater Refuge Temple was founded in 1919 in New York City by the Late Bishop R.C. Lawon. It began as the Refuge Church of Christ at 56 East 131st Street under the leadership of the then young pastor, Elder Robert C. Lawson. The Lord greatly blessed the young church until larger quarters were needed within eight months. The building at 52-56 133rd Street was purchased and renovated to become the new church. Out of this church and the dynamic leadership of Bishop Lawson grew the Church of our Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith, Inc. organization. The growth of Refuge Church of Christ continued until larger facilities were needed. In 1945, the building at our present address was purchased and renovated to house the growing congregation. The name of the church was changed to Refuge Temple. In July of 1961, the Lord called our founder, Bishop Lawson, home from labor to reward. It was then that Bishop William L. Bonner of Detroit, Michigan became the pastor of Refuge Temple and immediately launched a building fund program for the great task of renovating the church. By the grace and help of God, this herculean task was completed, and we moved back into our completely renovated and modern church edifice in 1966. The name was changed to Greater Refuge Temple. The Lord has continued to bless and increase His work here under the leadership of Bishop William L. Bonner Remember, Those Who Pray Can Expect A Miracle!
HoursSunday Worship Services
Sunday School 10:00 a.m.
Morning Worship 11:00 a.m.
Afternoon Service 4:00 p.m. Evening Worship 8:00 p.m.
Youth Service on Saturday evenings at 7:30 p.m.