Harlem River Ecology CenterHarlem River Ecology Center
& Hudson River North Marine Field Station
This area is a unique urban nature center and micro-maritime museum located at the southern end of ROBERTO CLEMENTE STATE PARK, NYC BRIDGE PARK & RIVER PARK TOWERS. Just north of the Historic High Bridge, now in restoration, and just south of the Hall Fame, Bronx Community College, University Woods Old Growth Forest, facing the Harlem River, on the Bronx waterfront.
Within this indoor and outdoor learning landscape, UDEC's HARLEM RIVER ECOLOGY CENTER offers a modest estuarium, aviary, reptarium, with various interactive and interpretive exhibits and other resources that inspire rediscovering and learning about the living nature of our urban estuary and our urban watershed, and exploring local maritime history and diverse heroes. Entering another decade of educating the public about the conservation, stewardship of marine coastal resources and watershed- our rivers, oceans, and marine wildlife, and urban uplands. UDEC’s Harlem River Ecology Center special focus is presenting environmental education programs, community stewardship activities, youth development, cultural enrichment and maritime activities.
The Harlem River Ecology Center offers weekly family programming.
- EVERY WEEKEND is FAMILY WALK-IN and KIDS DAY from 1PM- 6PM.
- The center also offers CLASS FIELD TRIPS with WORKSHOP OPPORTUNITIES for School, After School Programs, Day Camps and Senior Programs (by appointment and advance registration) - A fee will apply.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT The Urban Divers
SEASONAL WEEKEND FAMILY HOURS:
- SATURDAY and SUNDAYS- 1pm- 6pm ( April- thru October)
- SATURDAYS- 1pm- 6pm- ( November thru March)
- WEEKDAY OPERATING HOURS ARE MON Thru FRI- 8 AM- 7PM for
SCHOOL, AFTER SCHOOL, DAY CAMP, SENIOR PROGRAM ( By appt and Advance Registration)
The Harlem River Ecology Station offers VOLUNTEER and INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES for COLLEGE and HS SCHOOL STUDENTS
- SCHEDULE- Flexible Mon- Fri- 6pm- 8:30pm. SAT and SUN- 12PM- 6PM.
VOLUNTEERS are required to attend at least one SATURDAY or SUNDAY VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION.
Harlem River Ecology CenterRoberto Clemente State Park
New York, NY
/ visit website
/ big map · add to my map · view my map
/ MTA: NYC transit